Repairing bricked LG E980 with the RIFF Box requires non-beginner soldering skills (since JTAG pads on board are very small and are close to each other).
Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC while battery is inserted. Please note, battery must be charged. If battery is not charged enough there is chance of getting 0×42 error during connection stage.
To resurrect LG E980:
- Solder JTAG cable to LG E980 JTAG pads;
- Insert USB Data cable into board and PC;
- Make sure LG E980 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
To enter emergency mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold both ‘Volume down’ and ‘Camera’ keys and press ‘Power ON’ button.